Photos of university / #mitpics
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts for all relevant degrees
- In addition to transcripts, applicants should complete the Subjects Taken section with any relevant course work. If you have taken studios, indicate this on the Test Scores/Experience/Electronic Portfolio section.
The minimum score required for MArch candidates is 7 and the minimum TOEFL score is 600 (250 for computer-based test, 100 for Internet-based test). While either test score is accepted, the IELTS score is preferred.
All students whose first language is not English are required to take the English Evaluation Test (EET) prior to registration at MIT. Even students who satisfy the IELTS/TOEFL requirement for admission may be required to take specialized subjects in English as a Second Language (ESL), depending on their EET results. These subjects do not count toward the required degree credits.
- Curriculum Vitae, uploaded to the system.
- A portfolio of work, uploaded to the application. See program-specific instructions for portfolio requirements.
- A Statement of Objectives of one or two pages must be uploaded to the application system. Indicate why you are applying, and describe your qualifications for the degree.
Financial aid awards for incoming students are made upon admission. In general, PhD students are funded on financial aid packages that consist of a Teaching Assistantship (TA) or Research Assistantship (RA) salary component, plus a tuition component. TA or RA assignments are made by the faculty Discipline Group Director at the beginning of each term.
A non-refundable Application Fee of $75 USD. You will need to submit a credit card number on the Architecture Graduate Application to process this fee.Students are also assessed a Student Activity Fee of $304 per year which cannot be paid by MIT funds.