Photos of university / #yasaruniv
Industrial Design program offers courses that focus on a practice-based approach to learning through university-industry cooperation, developing innovative solutions profound to social and environmental issues, meeting with local and the global market needs by developing innovative solutions, and emphasising human-centred design. Four-year educational program encompasses theory and practice-focused studio courses in order to provide students with the knowledge and the skills required to perform industrial design profession. First year of the program develop basic design knowledge in product design, then following years progressively encompass design-thinking skills through a practice-based approach.
In the Studio, courses aim to develop the students knowledge and skills in diverse fields, such as product, system, service and experience design, research methods, three dimensional thinking and creative problem solving skills through design projects from year one to year four. By the compulsory and the elective courses that aim to provide the students with fundamental skills and knowledge in free-hand drawing, technical drawing, computer aided drawing, sketching and modelling, model making, visual and verbal communication, analytical and conceptual thinking through experiential learning, fundamentals of the profession are being delivered. The Program, which embraces an interdisciplinary approach, allows the students with lateral entry and double major. Moreover, the students can undertake elective courses that are delivered by the industrial design or other departments to be able to specialise in diverse fields of industrial design profession.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline Fall semester:August 31st;Spring semester:January 31st Tuition fee
- USD 10500 Year (National)
- USD 10500 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Society, Design and Projects
Based on the needs of the society and the local manufacturers as well as the necessities of the gap in the local design field along with the facilities provided by Yasar University, design projects are developed by the students in the Industrial Design Department, which mainly focuses on children and childhood culture, food, agriculture, tourism, and energy. Design projects realised by the students are not limited with the studio facilities of the University. In addition, they include field research, collaboration with society, local government bodies and institutions. Moreover, the outcomes of the design projects are shared with the community via media, with the aim of creating awareness in society.
Examples of Projects
Through design projects realised with the collaboration between Viking Paper Co and our department, three student projects were selected as Applicable Design in the academic year 2012-2013. At the same time, a design project was developed together with Vestel Design Team for the 2013 World Industrial Design Day and shared with audience through national and international media.
Also, Toy designs, which look for solutions to the problems of the playgrounds in the cities and aim to improve local toy design sector as well as lighting designs, which emphasise the importance of reusability, are among other student projects, shared with the community via media. In addition, students projects will be exhibited at the second Istanbul Design Biennial, from 1 October 2014 to 14 December 2014, to display our students achievement in an international platform.
English Language Requirements
TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
For National Students (First-Cycle / Undergraduate Programmes)
- High School Diploma
- Placement through centralized national university placement examination (YGS) administered by Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM). Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM) is responsible to place students according to their YGS scores.
- Certificate of Yasar University Foreign Language Achievement Test (FLAT) or Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) score of 550, or Computer Based TOEFL (CBT) score of 213 or Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) score of 79, or equivalent. (Applicants, who have not achieved the minimum required score from a recognized English Proficiency Examination, must enroll for a one-year intensive English Language Preparatory Programme at Yasar University English Preparatory School.)
For International Students (Full Time / First Cycle/ Undergraduate Programmes)
- Application Form
- High School Diploma
- Certificate of Yasar University Foreign Language Achievement Test (FLAT) or Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) score of 550, or Computer Based TOEFL (CBT) score of 213 or Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) score of 79, or equivalent. (Applicants, who have not achieved the minimum required score from a recognized English Proficiency Examination, must enroll for a one-year intensive English Language Preparatory Programme at Yasar University English Preparatory School.) (Not required for native speakers).
- Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Yasar University.
Academic Achievement Scholarship:
Undergraduate students enrolled at Yasar University are eligible for scholarships based on their academic performance. Any student, who has completed the first academic year and achieved a grade point average of above 2.30 out of 4.00, will be eligible to apply for an academic scholarship. Within the quota determined, scholarships for the following academic year, will be awarded on a 100%, 50% and 25% basis. The scholarship will continue as long as the student’s grades are maintained.
Yasar University offers Sports Scholarships to successful athletes playing in National teams. This year, scholarships of 100%, 50% and 25% will be offered to athletes in below fields: Tennis, Table Tennis, Archery, Athletics, Chess, Fencing, Gymnastics, Swimming and Triathlon Applications for Sports Scholarship are taken during May.
Turkish Government Scholarships:
Some international students may also be eligible for scholarships sponsored by the Turkish government.