Photos of university / #uniessex
Our BSc International Business and Entrepreneurship offers a thorough understanding of two closely interrelated themes the internationalisation of business, and the creation and growth of new ventures in different environments. A wide range of sub-disciplines including international trade, economics, global business management, sociology, technology management, innovation and entrepreneurship, are also covered. We provide you with a unique understanding of the international dimensions of business, based on the identification of new opportunities for ideas generation and sustainable growth, and the degrees of influence that globalisation brings for all sizes and types of firms.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline January 15 Tuition fee
- GBP 9000 Year (EEA)
- GBP 11950 Year (Non-EEA)
Our courses are characterised by choice and flexibility. Studying at Essex is about discovering yourself, so your course combines compulsory ('core') and optional modules to ensure you gain key knowledge in the discipline while having as much freedom as possible to explore your own interests. Our modules change from year to year in response to new developments and innovation, but our module directory can show you which modules are available to our current students.
Because of our interdisciplinary approach, many of our courses offer a wide selection of available modules, often including options from departments other than your own. Your course content will therefore depend on your own unique interests, but the structure below gives an example of whats available to you.
- Business Creation and Growth (core)
- Business Economics (core)
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance (core)
- Principles of Markets, Marketing and Selling (core)
- Research & Study Skills for Professional Development (core)
- The International Business Environment (core)
- Managing Innovation (core)
- Business Research Methods (core)
- Digital Business (core)
- International Business Strategies (core)
- Contemporary Human Resource Management (optional)
- Business Strategy (core)
- International Human Resource Management (core)
- Growth and Development of Entrepreneurial Ventures (core)
- Business Ethics (optional)
- The Networked Economy (optional)
Please note that module information on our Course Finder provides a guide to course content and is subject to review on an annual basis.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
- A-levels: ABB-BBB
- GCSE Mathematics: C
- GCSE English: C
- IB: 33-32 points, including Standard Mathematics grade 4, if not taken at Higher Level (we consider IB certificates at the Higher Level on a case-by-case basis)
- BTEC qualifications, in relevant disciplines, will be considered on an individual basis, depending on the units studied. The standard required is generally at Distinction level.
- Achievement of the Access to HE Diploma with a minimum of 6 level three credits at distinction and the remainder at merit (or above) or achievement of the Access to HE Diploma with a minimum of 45 level three credits at merit (or above).
English language requirements for applicants whose first language is not English: IELTS 6.0 overall with minimum 5.5 in each component (or equivalent). Different requirements apply for second year entry.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Essex.
For up-to-date information on funding opportunities at Essex, please visit: www.essex.ac.uk/studentfinance.