This programme delivers a detailed knowledge of systems design and analysis, networking, website management and business-to-business communications concepts. This programme of study will help students gain a broad understanding of the software and hardware technologies used to build internet-based computing systems. Students will also have the opportunity to develop a critical insight of management issues relating to
the computing and telecommunications industry. The programme emphasises inter-personal teamwork skills as strongly as technical topics. Additionally, there are core courses in management and professional practice.
On completion of the programme the successful graduate will enjoy a wide variety of opportunities in networking, website management, business-to-business communication and engineering solutions.
- Introduction to Computer Networking
- Programming Technologies
- Computer and Communications Engineering Applications
- Computer Modelling and Applied Mathematics
- Web Applications for Business
- Systems Development
- Systems Programming Technologies
- Software Engineering and Project Management
- Database Applications
- Individual Project
- Management and Communications
- Advanced Database Systems and Applications
- Information and Network Security Engineering
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you to
take an IELTS test. More About IELTS
The admissions process involves a comprehensive review of your academic background, test scores, application essay, recommendations, and activities both in school and in your community.
All candidates for undergraduate admission must submit the following:
- Application for Admission to Undergraduate Study
- Personal statement/essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official high school transcripts
- Official transcripts of all college work, including non-credit course work, if any, and for transfer students.
- International students should consult the International Students section.
English Language Requirement
Students are required to have a good standard of English before starting any program. For students whose native language is not English, NYC requires a minimum of TOEFL score of 197 (computer based test), IELTS 6.0, or a recognized equivalent.
All non-native English speakers who do not possess any of the above-mentioned certificates, will be required to take an English language placement test, which is offered at NYC free of charge.
Students that have attained Cambridge Proficiency or TOEFL score of 197 or higher are exempt from the placement test and may enroll full-time.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than New York College.