The Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing) at UPF Barcelona School of Management is a one-year, full time program entirely taught in English targeted at students with strong quantitative and analytical skills. The program focuses on the technical and creative skills needed to understand how to satisfy customer needs from a strategic, managerial and empirical perspective.
Practically oriented and internationally minded, the Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing) will provide you with a full understanding of the important processes involved in creating, communicating and delivering value to customers while strengthening their ability to face and solve complex challenges in an increasingly globalised marketing environment.
The Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing) benefits from the outstanding, hand-picked faculty of the UPF's world ranked Department of Economics and Business, known for its scientific state of mind, its constant contribution to creating knowledge and its high-level ability to stimulate and convey knowledge.
Why this program?
* Because you will be taught by the internationally top ranked faculty of the best Spanish university according to the Times Higher Education Ranking (2013).
* Because it is an officially accredited master program recognized both by the Spanish Ministry of Education and in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
* Because it offers research-oriented students the possibility of applying for the UPF's PhD program in Management.
* Because it includes a 100% free Spanish course and a Career Development Program.
* Because it will make you live an unforgettable international education experience with students from many different nationalities (in 2014, 83% of Master of Science students came from 40 different nationalities).
* To understand the latest marketing trends and techniques from an analytical approach.
* To develop skills such as business creativity, team collaboration and corporate commitment in the field of marketing management.
* To anticipate and identify today's consumer needs and communicate them in an innovative manner.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing) students will be able to pursue a professional career in the following professional fields:
* Brand Management
* Communication Management
* Digital Marketing
* Internet and Social Marketing
* Market Research
* Marketing Consulting
* Marketing Departments in every sector
The Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing) is spaced along three terms (September to December, January to March and April to June). Additionally, students choosing the elective course called "Experiencing the World of Marketing" have the possibility of taking a corporate internship, thus possibly extending their stay for one extra term (July to September).
During the 1st term students of the Master of Science in Management sit together with all specializations to learn the program's core courses.
On the 2nd and 3rd term students of the Marketing specialization customise their learning options by choosing 8 elective courses in topics such as Marketing Analysis, Marketing Strategy, Internet and Digital Marketing and Consumer Insights. Also during these terms, students start working on their Master of Science final project.
By the 4th term, students who choose the elective course called "Experiencing the World of Marketing" have the possibility to undertake a corporate internship.
Upon completing the Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing) students who wish to take on PhD studies are encouraged to do so in any of UPF research groups in Economics, Finance and Management.
* Analytical Tools * Applied Statistics
* Managerial Accounting and Finance
* Corporate Finance
* Management Theory * Marketing Management
* Organizational Behaviour
* Final Project Advising I-II
There will be a presentation of elective courses at the end of the first term so that students can get a better understanding of their choices. Students may choose one of the following formulas:
* 6 compulsory elective courses from the following list plus 2 electives courses from any of the Master of Science in Management Specialization tracks.
* 6 compulsory elective courses from the following list plus the Internship: Experiencing the World of Marketing.
Note : students can take more than 8 elective courses. Any extra elective course can be taken without additional cost. Additional elective courses will have no credit value.
List of Marketing Elective Courses
* Market Analysis * Marketing Analytics
* Marketing Research
* Forecasting, Revenue Management and Pricing
* Market Strategy * Marketing Strategy
* Advertising and Brand Communication
* Integrated Marketing Communications
* Internet and Digital Marketing * E-Commerce/Internet Marketing
* Digital Marketing
* Consumer Insights * Consumer Behaviour
Internship: Experiencing the World of Marketing
Note: Elective courses may change according to the student's demand and the availability of the faculty.
Additional Off-program Activities
Further to the program's regular classes, the UPF Barcelona School of Management offers all Master of Science students the possibility of attending free complementary training parallel to the running of their programs. The following activities are optional and are included in the program's tuition fees:
* Brush-up Courses: preparatory crash courses on business and economy-related subjects which take place two weeks prior to the beginning of the program.
* Spanish or Catalan Courses: one-year, 3-hour/week courses at the UPF's language school.
* Career Development Program: career sessions and workshops during which students obtain specific training on how to improve their CV, approach potential employers and develop professional soft skills (read more about the school's Career Service).
Once students have completed the program they will receive the official Master's Degree Máster Universitario en Ciencias Empresariales (Master of Science in Management) awarded by the Pompeu Fabra University.
Students will also receive an additional Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing) completion certificate awarded by the UPF Barcelona School of Management.
The Master of Science in Management (specialization in Marketing) is aimed at recent graduates and junior professionals with the academic backgrounds listed below. Students coming from other educational backgrounds must check the program's admission requirements.
* Business Administration
* Maria Galli
* Anna Torres
* Albert Banal-Estañol
* Ana Valenzuela
* Antonio Ladrón de Guevara
* Gaël Le Mens
* Gert Cornelissen
* Inga Hoever
* Josep-Maria Fàbregas i Torrens
* Kalyan Talluri
* Luz Parrondo
* Michael John Greenacre
* Oriol Amat Salas
* Walter Alfredo Garcia Fontes Badanian
In order to be admitted to theMaster of Science in Management specialization in Marketing), applicants must meet the following criteria:1. To have finished or be in the last year of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university. Ideally, students should come from any of the following fields of study: Economics, Business Administration or Engineering. * Applicants with a different academic background will be asked to provide proof of sufficient quantitative and analytical training by presenting one of the following tests: > 600 GMAT score or above the avarage GRE score * Applicants who are currently studying the last year of their Bachelor's Degrees will need to have finished their university studies and obtained their final diploma before the beginning of the programme. * Applicants who finished their Bachelor's Degrees some time ago should preferably not exceed 3 years of working experience in a position relevant to the programme's contents.2. To present an official English Certificate with the following minimum scores: TOEFL CBT: > 235 · TOEFL PBT: > 575 · TOEFL IBT: > 100 · CAE: C1 · IELTS: > 6.5 * Official results must be sent directly by the examining institution to the UPF Barcelona School of Management Admissions Department (Balmes 132-134, 08008, Barcelona, Spain) before 1 September 2014. Failure to provide sufficient proof of English might result in denial of participation in the programme. * Applicants who, at the time of the application, still do not possess an official English certificate or who are in the process of obtaining it must include this information in their admission applications. * Applicants whose mother tongue is English do not need to present the aforementioned certificate. * Applicants who have completed their full Bachelor's Degree at an English-speaking university in a non-English speaking country must submit written evidence that the language of instruction of their studies was English. * No knowledge of Spanish is required for Master of Science candidates. English Language Requirements IELTS band: 6.5 CAE score: (read more) Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever. 60 (Grade C) TOEFL paper-based test score : 575 TOEFL iBT® test: 100
All of the UPF Barcelona School of Management programmes must be completely paid before the beginning of the course. To help students do so, the UPF Barcelona School of Management offers the following financing possibilities:
* Apply for the school's Talent Scholarship: a school's merit-based scholarship aimed at students with an extraordinary academic and/or professional career.
* Apply for any of our MSc Scholarships: financial aid covering 20% of the total programme fees intended for students who have been admitted to one of our Masters of Science.
* Take on a preferential study loan:the UPF Barcelona School of Management collaborates with a variety of Spanish banks and financial institutions which provide students with advantageous loan conditions (to be confirmed directly with the corresponding bank).
Further to the options above, the school encourages students to look for education funding in external education financing institutions:
* Local institutions: Check here for a list on some of the local institutions which provide financial aid to postgraduate students.
* International institutions: Foreign students are encouraged to contact first their local governmental education institutions and further international entities such as Sally Mae, the Fulbright Program, the Global Studies Foundation, etc.
The Barcelona School of Management was founded in 2011 as the new business school of the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF). It was launched as a response to the current global need of capacitating state-of-the-art professionals in business management and public administration.
Founded in 1990, the Pompeu Fabra University is the Spanish public university with the highest ratio of international students and faculty (2012, QS ranking). It is recognised for the scientific mentality of its faculty and its leading positions in international rankings:
* 2013 Times Higher Education ranking: 25th highest ranked university in the world among those under 50 years of age
* 2013 QS ranking: 25th highest ranked university in the world among those under 50 years of age
* 2012 Shanghai University ranking: among the 150 top universities in the world.