This programme will familiarise you with the concepts and tools of marketing communication and its vital role in business enabling you to implement both the tactical and strategic decisions available to the marketing communications manager.
The core units provide the student with the necessary grounding in the marketing communications field. In addition to core marketing units the course provides specialist units in advertising, public relations and options in associated fields. In addition the contemporary themes associated with Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) will also be developed.
Modules * Integrated marketing communications (20 credits)
* Cross cultural buyer behaviour (20 credits)
* Creative and media strategy (20 credits)
* Emerging issues in marketing communications (10 credits)
* International brand management (20 credits)
* Research methods (20 credits)
Dissertation 20,000 words (60 credits)
Plus one elective unit (10 credits)
* Public relations
* International marketing
* Social marketing strategy
* Market driven marketing
Digital and social media
The course is designed for students whose first degree is business-related with some knowledge of marketing or who have practical experience of working as managers or marketers and who wish to specialise in the communications aspects of marketing.
We offer students considerable financial help through scholarships, bursaries, charitable funds, loans and other financial support. Many of our scholarships are given as direct tuition fee discounts and we encourage all eligible students to apply for our National Scholarship programme. Up to 500 new home full-time undergraduate students meeting eligibility criteria could receive a £2,000 cash bursary by joining us in the 2014/15 academic year.
· National Scholarship ProgrammeFor undergraduate students joining us in the 2014/15 academic year we have created the London South Bank University (LSBU) National Scholarship Programme (NSP). Through the NSP, we're offering up to 500 £2,000 cash bursaries for part-payment of fees or to spend on other university services.
· Bursary for good gradesWe're automatically giving £1,000 to all students who enrol on a full-time undergraduate course at LSBU in the 2014/15 academic year with ABB at A Level or equivalent. No need to apply as we'll already know of your grade success when you enrol at the University. The bursary will be paid directly into a student's bank account in two instalments in the first year of study: £500 in February and £500 in May.
· Sports ScholarshipsThe Elite Sports Programme is run by the Academy of Sport at LSBU to support talented sportsmen and women balance their sporting, academic and personal lives. Members of the Elite Sports Programme receive financial support and other benefits. Find out more about the Elite Sports Programme.
· Lawrence Burrows Educational Trust FundLSBU full-time undergraduate students from a West Indian or Asian background can apply for the Lawrence Burrows Scholarship. The Lawrence Burrow Educational Trust was established in 1995. It has six trustees, most of whom were personally connected with Mr Burrows. They are dedicated to fulfilling his wish to benefit a wide range of young people.
To find out more about the Lawrence Burrows Educational Trust Fund contact our Fees and Bursary Office for more information.
· Care Leavers' BursaryLSBU has the Buttle UK Quality Mark which recognises institutions that go the extra mile to support students from public care. For September 2015, Care Leavers under 24 who start a full-time undergraduate course will be eligible for LSBU's National Scholarship Programme which pays out cash bursaries of £2,000. They will also receive a travel allowance of up to £1,000.
As well as being potentially eligible for our undergraduate scholarships, International students can also benefit from a range of specialist scholarships.
* BUTEX International Scholarship
As a BUTEX affiliated university we are able to offer you the opportunity to apply for the £500 BUTEX International Scholarship. The Scholarship is open to all international undergraduate students whose period of study abroad is not funded by an ERASMUS grant. To be eligible to apply you must have been offered a study abroad place here, commencing in either September 2013 or January 2014. Your place must be for a minimum of one semester.
The value of each scholarship is £500 and will be paid once you have arrived and registered at your host university.
· Charitable FundInternational Students can apply to LSBU's Charitable Fund.
· Commonwealth Shared ScholarshipsWe have three Commonwealth Shared Scholarships available for the 2014/2015 academic session.
· British Chevening ScholarshipsThe UK Government's global scholarship programme is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The Scholarships offer nationals from a variety of countries highly coveted opportunities to study for a Master's degree at a UK university. They can develop their skills, create new networks, strengthen their opportunities and expand their horizons. Application information is on the Chevening website.
· LSBU Graduate Loyalty SchemeAs part of our commitment to supporting our students' future career success we offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU undergraduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and alumni who have graduated within the past five years. There are two types of discounts available to eligible undergraduates/alumni.
· Nationality ScholarshipsThis year LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of International students via our Nationality Scholarships.
· Science without BordersLSBU is delighted to be one of the UK institutions selected to participate in the Science without Borders scheme and offers a wide range of undergraduate degrees through the scheme
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), MSc Marketing Communications aims to develop advanced knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of integrated marketing communications.