Photos of university / #uniofbuckingham
With the increased internationalisation / globalisation of business, the ability to develop an understanding of overseas markets and customers is paramount. An additional skill that assists in this understanding is the command of another language. The aims of this combination degree programme are therefore two-fold:
- To equip students with the knowledge, tools and skills of modern marketing. This includes the development of an in-depth understanding of the constantly changing global environment in which marketing actions and decisions have to be taken as well as maintaining a constant customer and competitor focus.
- To develop a level of proficiency in the target language that will enable the student to communicate confidently and effectively in a business context.
This degree programme is likely to appeal to those wishing to pursue a career in any branch of marketing in an international context.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline There is no set deadline, however it is recommended to apply at least 3 months prior to the start of the term. Tuition fee
- EUR 14015 Year (EEA)
- EUR 19930 Year (Non-EEA)
Home/EU £11,250; International £16,000Start date January 2015 Duration full-time 24 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Teaching is carried out through a combination of formal lectures supported by tutorials and seminars. A key feature of the Buckingham teaching method is the use of small tutorial groups which provide the most effective means of ensuring that the students benefit from the academic expertise at their disposal. It is also the philosophy of the Business School to be available to students outside the scheduled tutorial times and to encourage good working relationships between staff and students.
At the beginning of each term, we provide our students with module outlines and reading lists for each module. We also provide a tutorial question pack, which the students work through week by week. Each week corresponds with the subject given in the lectures and at each tutorial the students have the opportunity to discuss their answers to the tutorial questions. Solutions to the numerical tutorial questions are handed out each week so, by the end of the term, the students have a very useful pack of material to help with their revision. Lecturers are available throughout the term to help students with their revision for the examinations. An increasing proportion of course material is available on the Universitys own Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6 CAE score : 60(Grade C) TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
All applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- 280 UCAS Points or Equivalent, and
- GCSE French, and
- Level of English required
English language requirements
- IELTS: Average of 6.0 (with 5.5 or above in each component)
- TOEFL: (Internet-based) 79-80
- TOEFL: (Paper-based) 550
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): C or higher
- International GCSE English as a Second Language: C or higher on extended curriculum
- London University GCE O level Syllabus B in English Language: C or higher
- Oxford-ARELS Examination Higher Level: Credit or Distinction
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): 50-57
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Buckingham.