Photos of university / #htwberlin
The curriculum covers a wide range of topics, both business and management aspects and specific issues from the pharma and biotechnology branch. This enables students to comprehend the entire value chain from various perspectives.
- General Management
- Life Science Engineering
- Technology and Engineering
As a graduate of this programme, you will be perfectly prepared for an international job environment within the pharma/biotech/life science sector. You will be able to easily adapt to working in these fields.
Educational organisationIn the programme's first and second semesters, the students will complete 12 study modules. Those modules may include practical lab work or other practical activities.
- Special Topics in Business Administration
- Production Processes in Life Science Industries
- Corporate Finance and Controlling
- Project 1: Engineering Management
- Life Science Engineering I
- Elective Module 1
- Human Resources Management and Leadership
- Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Trial Management
- Strategic Marketing in Life Sciences
- Project 2: Advanced Topics in Life Science Engineering
- Life Science Engineering II
- Elective Module 2
- Colloquium / Master's Seminar
- Master's Thesis
- Advanced Processes in Life Science Industries
- New Technologies and Products
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Intellectual Property Management and Contract Laws
Check our website at http://lsm.htw-berlin.de/studying/programme-content/ for detailed information.
Forms of assessmentAll modules are evaluated individually. Your grades are based on written examinations, laboratory practicals, experimental protocols, presentations, project results and possibly other criteria. The criteria for assessment and grading are provided at the beginning of each module.
Course objectivesThe MBA&E Life Science Management study programme will provide you with comprehensive, industry-specific knowledge and prepare you for a management position in the pharma/biotech/life science sector.
During the three-semester programme, you will:
- learn about key production processes, GMP, hygiene and clean room requirements and the handling of genetically modified organisms
- learn to analyse and assess the productivity of a life science product
- gain knowledge about licensing, regulatory affairs and CMC
- learn how to identify and investigate business lines in a dynamic market with changing framework conditions
- learn about quality and risk management and how to manage complex projects
- develop your personal qualities and leadership skills with communication training and coaching
Language requirementsTOEFL 570/230/88, IELTS score of 6.5 or an equivalent proof (a Bachelor's degree from a study programme taught entirely in English or at least two years of residence in an English-speaking country)
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 180 ETCS
- At least one year of work experience after your Bachelor's degree
- Good English language skills
Enrolment feesThe enrolment fee is about 300 EUR per semester. This fee includes a semester ticket covering all zones of the public transport system in Berlin.
Costs of livingYou need approx. 800 EUR per month to cover your costs of living in Berlin.
More detailed information about finances and accommodation can be found here:
Job opportunitiesWorking during the studies is possible (maximum of 8 -12 hours per week), but it is not recommended.
Arrival supportThe programme office and student volunteers provide assistance.
Services and support for international studentsA one-stop service concept is available from a dedicated programme office throughout the duration of studies. This is offered from application to graduation, even extending to alumni support. A professional programme manager is in charge of the provision of services.
Full university services such as the career centre, international office, computer centre and university sports are at the students' disposal.