Photos of university / #unibuc
The program is dedicated to several key aspect of the modernity: political concepts, ideas and institutions, the modern economic mechanism, evolutions in international relations in 17th-19th century, the political, social and cultural secularisation. The specific case of the Romanian modernization is analysed in all the mentioned aspects and represents a major aspect in this program. The courses and seminaries are studying modernity in all its stages, from early modernity of 16th-17th centuries to the contemporary world. The program is organized in collaboration by the Chair of World History and the Chair of Romanian History.
* Industrial revolution, agent of liberalism
* Church, State and Society in modern Romania
* Romania and the European power: 1878-1947
* Political typologies in modern Romania
* Communism versus fascism. Political conflict and academicals competition
* Balcanic Romanians at home and in Diaspora
* Romanian society modernization (XIX-XX c.)
* The last century of the oriental problem (1804-1918)
* War and peace in the European history (1870-1945)
* Romania between East and West : 1920-1989
* The stranger in the Romanian society (sec. XIX-XX). A case study: the Italian community
* Nations and nationalisms in Europe (XIX-XX c.)
* Industrialization in Russia (1700-1861)
* Western influences on the Romanian society in the second half of the XIXth c.
* Modern political philosophy (sec. XIX-XX)
* Culture and society in modern Romania
* Modernization, social criticism and development models in East Europe (sec. XIX-XX)
* The typology of the political regimes in south-east Europe in XIXth. C.
* Art and society in modern Romania
* Arcana Imperi and the last golden age of the secret diplomacy: the international system in the XIXth century
* Practical seminary