The program offers the following options:
Dietetics. The dietetics option is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the American Dietetic Association's (ADA) as a Didactic Program in Dietetics. Upon completion of this option, students are eligible to apply for an ADA Accredited Dietetic Internship in preparation for the registration examination for dietitians. With appropriate electives, this option also can lead to work in the food industry, and after graduate study, positions in cooperative extension, nutrition education, nutrition counseling, or clinical research.
Food Service Administration. The option in food service administration emphasizes the managerial aspects of food service operation. Entry-level employment opportunities include food service marketing, or managing food services in schools, hotels, restaurants, industrial cafeterias, corporations, hospitals, and child or long-term care facilities.
Nutrition. The option in nutrition emphasizes research and prepares students for graduate study in the life sciences and medical, dental, and veterinary studies, as well as for immediate employment in the biomedical industry.
Nutrition, Food, and Business. This option prepares professionals to work in food and food-related industries at the interface of nutrition, food, and business. The fundamentals of nutrition, the science of food, and business prepare students for positions in test kitchens of food companies, product development in the food industry, public relations, pharmaceutical companies, supermarket industry, and in research.Community Nutrition. This option addresses the growing need for nutrition professionals to work with youth in structured organizations at the local, state, and national level such as 4-H, cooperative extension, after-school care, day care, environmental education, and programs for homeless children.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline February, October Tuition fee
- USD 13683 Year (National)
- USD 27978 Year (International)
Course ContentCourses include:
- Careers in Nutrition
- Intro to Foods and Nutrition
- Introduction to Foods (Lab)
- Nutrition and the Developing Child
- Nutrition and Health
- Nutrition and Health (online)
- Nutrition for the Child in the Family and Community
- Quantity Food Production
- Management of Food Service Systems
- Nutrition and Behavior
- World Food Customs and Nutrition
- Advanced Nutrition I: Macronutrients
- Advanced Nutrition II: Micronutrients
- Readings in Advanced Nutrition I, section 1
- Readings in Advanced Nutrition I, section 2
- Readings in Advanced Nutrition II
- Professional Issues in Dietetics
- Obesity: Biology, Behavior and Management
- Nutrition: Methods in Sensory Analysis
- Life Span Community Nutrition
- Nutrition Communication
- Problem Solving With Food, Nutrition and Business Information
- Seminar in Nutrition (Dietary Protein in Health & Disease)
- Experimental Foods
- Nutrition and Disease
- Nutrition Counseling
- Nutrition for Today
- Byrne Seminar: Intriguing Connections Between Nutrients, Environment & Disease
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Our primary emphasis is placed on the students academic promise as demonstrated by:
- completion of required entrance subjects
- academic performance in high school or its equivalent:
- strength of academic program (number/type of academic, honors, or advanced placement courses completed)
- grades and grade trends
- weighted grade-point average(s)
- cumulative rank, when available
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- English Proficiency Examination results, when required
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Rutgers uses your FAFSA to develop a financial-aid package based on your qualifications, financial need and the funds available to the university. Your package may include any or a combination of these major financial aid sources:
- Gift aid does not require repayment and is divided into three categories: grants (which recognize financial need) and scholarships and awards (which recognize academic merit, special talents, or other achievements).
- Loans must be repaid (usually after graduation) and can come from private lenders as well as federal, state and university sources.
- Work-study allows students to earn money for college expenses while gaining valuable skills - often in their intended field.
AccreditationThe Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.