Photos of university / #hs.emden.leer
Technical subjects: for example, ERP advanced course, Java advanced course, wind energy plants, advanced materials, CAD, production planning
Extensive scientific engineering project work
Master's thesis project
Educational organisationProject-oriented teaching with projects, lectures and lab work
Study abroad unit(s)None
InternshipsStudents are free to choose to prepare their Master's thesis either at the university or in industry.
Forms of assessmentWritten examinations, project work presentations, oral examinations, reports, Master's thesis
Course objectivesThe Master of Engineering in Technical Management course provides basic knowledge for managing engineering projects and their related commercial processes. Students are prepared for first executive tasks in international engineering projects. The study programme is based on a broad interdisciplinary and problem-oriented approach to the field of technical management. Students learn to develop and implement problem-solving strategies in a creative and independent way, based on scientific principles. Their general language skills and cross-cultural competences are improved.
Language requirementsProficiency in English (computer-based TOEFL 220, or equivalent test)
- A German "Diplom" degree, a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification with three and a half years of study in a technical field such as electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, natural sciences, information science, etc.
- At least a good average mark in the final degree
- Knowledge of German is not compulsory, but will be awarded extra points in the admission procedure, improving the applicant's rank. German companies make German language skills a prerequisite for an internship or for writing the Master's thesis in association with the company.
- One year of postgraduate work experience is compulsory for admission. More years will give applicants an edge and will be considered in the admission procedure, improving the applicant's rank.
- If the number of applications exceeds the number of places in our course of study, performance will be compared after the application deadline. The best applicants will be admitted.