The International Programme in Humanities (IPH) is a one-year programme taught exclusively in English.
It is also the first year of a three-year Bachelor’s Degree Programme in:
Students will experience a full immersion into Italian language and culture, which will then prepare them to study years 2 and 3 mainly in Italian.
During the IPH students will develop their knowledge in various subject areas by a[ending a range o f classes, visiBng historical sites in central Italy, discovering local culture and meeBng other students and people from all over the world.
The programme consists of contact with our professors (lectures and seminars), study outside of lessons and various site visits over the course of two academic terms. Each term lasts 12 weeks. Students enrolled in the programme will obtain 30 ECTS credits per term.
Students must obtain 30 ECTS credits for each term: 24 ECTS credits are obtained from attending lessons taught in English (and passing the respective exams) and 6 ECTS credits are obtained from attending an Italian language course at the University Language Centre, CLI (and passing the final exam).
Those who pass all exams from the two terms will receive 60 ECTS credits. This will be recognised as equal to the first year of one of the four Italian degree programmes previously mentioned.
Students who are interested in applying are required to have:
– A good knowledge of English (B1 language level). Some form of certificate is required. Knowledge of Italian is not required (students will learn Italian during their first year).
– A High School Diploma after studying a minimum of 12 years (i.e.: elementary, middle and high school combined). If you have not finished High School yet you can send your latest school evaluation.
Year 1 of the IPH programme: €2,500 (IPH fees) + Tuition fees
Years 2 and 3 of the Bachelor’s degree programme: Tuition fees only
Tuition fees vary between € 407 and € 2,354 depending on country of origin and academic merit.
This cost includes in year 1:
– Lesson time
– Italian language courses at CLI
– Individual sightseeing trips
– Access to the University dining halls (with discount) and the University library
– Assistance from an Academic Tutor and a Logistics Coordinator