The MS in Human Sciences specialization in Merchandising provides an understanding of merchandising at every level, with emphasis on current trends in the United States and the global marketplace, factors that will distinguish graduates among their peers. Students can obtain a focus on the merchandising aspect of the business.
The additional expertise offered through the merchandising certificate may position individuals for career advancement or a new career in merchandising. Graduates of the program are prepared to work in product development, promotions, and retail management in this ever-expanding industry.
* Consumer Behavior in Merchandising
* Professional Advancement in Merchandising
* Product Design, Development, and Evaluation
* Promotional Strategies in Merchandising
* Retail Theory and Current Practice
* History and Contemporary Issues in Trade
* International Merchandise Management
* Research Methods in Merchandising
* Financial Merchandising Implications
* Strategic Planning in Merchandising
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
SDSU offers a variety of academic scholarships. Awards are based on academic achievement, activities participation and leadership.
South Dakota State University has been granted the full, ten-year reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission. An accreditation team of representatives from peer institutions commended SDSU for:
* Dedicated faculty and staff
* Quality new facilities
* Excellent student leadership
* Shared governance
* Partnerships with local community
* Robust and Integrated assessment program
* Successful transition to NCAA Division I Athletics