Photos of university / #ozyeginuni
We prepare highly qualified, competent executives vested with advanced skills to work in all financial institutions.
The mission of our Undergraduate Banking and Finance Program is to provide high quality education to our students by equipping them with advanced academic and professional skills and knowledge required for their future careers in the banking and finance industries, and by preparing them as competent senior executives who will assume leadership roles in their organizations.
We endeavor to produce highly qualified, accomplished graduates demanded by the industry, who keep abreast of the latest practical and technological developments in the finance and banking industry. To this end, we teach our students the most up-to-date methods, analyses, econometrics computer programs, and software packages employed in the banking and finance industry; and we offer the state-of-the art technological information and knowledge that is most needed in the industry.
Highly Qualified and Sought After Graduates
Forces such as globalization and the EU integration have brought increased competition by causing a great dynamism both in the national and international banking and finance industry. As the banking and finance industry evolves and transform with these changes and developments, the need for qualified human resources has also grown.
We aim to satisfy the current need for qualified workforce in the industry by producing graduates who are
- Able to analyze and evaluate the current status of both the national and international markets with a broad vision
- Productive, efficient, and analytical
- Fast and effective in financial decision making
Our graduates will be awarded a Bachelor of Science Degree in Banking and Finance. Furthermore, the Higher Education Council will subsequently notify the title of our graduates in writing.
Employment Opportunities and Market Demand for Our Graduates
As the primary industries for the program will be financial services and banking, our graduates are expected to find employment at banks, financial institutions, the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey as well as international companies. We also believe that some of our graduates will pursue their graduate studies.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline August 31 Tuition fee
- EUR 5800 Year (International)
$ 7,500Start date September 2015 Credits (ECTS) 240 ECTS
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
- Curriculum and Industries: During the freshman year, our students will take common courses with other programs. The sophomore year curriculum is composed of common basic courses. Students will gain in-depth information about the primary industries that our university focuses on during their sophomore year. Students will choose and specialize in two industries out of eight during their junior year through electives, company and factory trips, guest lecturers and case studies. During their senior year, students will complete a project in one of the selected industries. Thus students will graduate with in-depth information about at least an industry.
- Electives: Students are offered a total of 12 electives to let them gain specialization and in-depth information in the tracks they prefer. Electives allow students to shape their own curriculum, while making it easier for our graduates to find employment in the tracks they are specialized and preparing them as graduates vested with both sectoral information and practical experience.
- Internship: In spite of many schools in Turkey failing to offer required internship in their curriculums, Özyegin University Undergraduate Banking and Finance Program requires an at least 8-week internship, as in other programs. Internships will teach our students to put their knowledge into practice. Our students will also develop their knowledge and skills by examining real business cases. Our faculty members will keep a close eye on our students during their internship period in collaboration with their employers. Internships will serve as a vital complementary component of the program.
- Information and Communication Technologies: The Undergraduate Banking and Finance Program will extensively use Information and Communication Technologies. Each student is issued with a laptop computer to provide them with an enriched applied education and reinforce the concepts taught during courses and lab sessions. Starting from the preparatory program, our students will be offered a world-class education integrated with modern technologies and will graduate with a strong command of information and communication technologies.
- International Students: International students are planned to make up around 20% of the student body in alignment with the global structure of the banking and finance industry. International students will allow Turkish students to practice their English and will expose them to international collaborations and competition. We believe that international student body will make important contributions to familiarize our students with other cultures and perspectives.
- International Exchange Programs: The Undergraduate Banking and Finance Program will offer our students a variety of exchange opportunities to allow them to spend one or more academic semesters abroad at internationally recognized universities and likewise will welcome incoming exchange students from the universities abroad that host our students.
A Distinct Program Offering Professional Development
The Undergraduate Banking and Finance Program will provide a strong and thorough foundation in the banking and finance sector and will offer our students courses on Money, Banking and Finance System, Financial Analysis and Reporting, Introduction to Business Decision Making, Introduction to Business-Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Social Sciences, Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Statistics, Econometrics, Sectoral Solutions Local Expertise, as well as Banking Theory and Policy.
Our strengths and unique differences:
- Our curriculum is not only limited to theoretical information
- Students are offered a wide selection of practical courses as well as theoretical courses,
- Students are introduced to the latest and the state-of-the-art financial techniques for their professional development
Internships and Similar Requirements for Graduation
Özyegin University requires at least an 8-week internship in order to graduate from its programs. This rule also applies for the proposed Undergraduate Banking and Finance program. Working in close collaboration with the industry to offer our students internship opportunities, the Sectoral Solutions Office will be in contact with both students and their employers during the internship period and will conduct a performance evaluation for students at the end of the internship program. Thus the university will provide the necessary support for students to develop their knowledge and skills and put their knowledge into practice. It is also planned to engage in collaborations with FIBA Holding companies to further enrich the internship opportunities for our students.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 80
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Foreign students are admitted to the institutions of higher education in Turkey on condition that applicants fulfill the requirements for student admission determined by the relevant institution of higher education and approved by the Council of Higher Education.
The applications from following students will be accepted:
- foreign students who are either high school graduates or are studying their last year in high school,
- students with dual nationality who abandoned their Turkish or TRNC citizenship and who complete their entire high school education abroad
- citizens of TRNC who have completed their entire high school in TRNC and have GCE A/L result
The applications from following students will not be accepted:
- Turkish citizens,
- TRNC citizens (except the students who have completed their entire high school in TRNC and have GCE A/L result),
- Students with dual nationality one of which is Turkish,
- Students with dual nationality one of which is TRNC (except the students who have completed their entire high school in TRNC and have GCE A/L result),
- Students with dual nationality who abandoned their Turkish citizenship and who have completed their entire high school education either in Turkey or TRNC,
- Students with dual nationality who abandoned their TRNC and who have completed their entire high school education either in Turkey or TRNC (except the students who have completed their entire high school in TRNC and have GCE A/L result),
- Students with dual nationality who abandoned either their Turkish or TRNC citizenship and who graduated from the Mission schools in Turkey
- Students expelled from an in institutions of higher education in Turkey due to disciplinary action.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Ozyegin University.
Self or government funding, sports scholarships. Very limited number of entry scholarships are available for international students
There are scholarships available based on International Baccalaureate, ABITUR, Matura and French Baccalaureate diplomas, completion of AP program and performance in International Science Olympiads. You will also have the opportunity to improve your scholarship status after admission to OzU by demonstrating high academic performance in your classes (academic merit scholarships).
Turkish Council of Higher Education