Photos of university / #sdstatepics
This interdisciplinary program helps prepare students in fundamental sciences so that they may successfully compete for career opportunities in the growing life sciences industries. Graduates with expertise in biotechnology fill increasing demand from employers utilizing technologies such as molecular biology, genetic engineering, tissue culture, reproductive intervention, and biomass conversion in a variety of applications, such as vaccine and pharmaceutical development, agronomic seed production, livestock breeding, genetic diagnostic testing, identity and parentage verification, criminal forensics, biorenewable product development, or biomedical research.
Students may choose this major for preparation for admission to professional schools such as medicine, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, and veterinary medicine. The program provides an excellent background for students entering graduate school in a life sciences discipline.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline June for Fall semester; November for Spring semester Tuition fee
- USD 8238 Year (National)
- USD 18044 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentMajor Requirements: 73
- Biotechnology in Agriculture and Medicine
- Genetics and Organismal Biology and Lab
- Genetics and Cellular Biology and Lab
- General Chemistry I and Lab
- Organic Chemistry I and Lab
- Laboratory Methods- Biochemistry
- Technical Communication
- Introductory Microbiology and Lab
- Molecular and Microbial Genetics
- Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Techniques in Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Introduction to Physics I and Lab
- Introduction to Statistics
- Applied Bioinformatics
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than South Dakota State University.
FundingSDSU offers a variety of academic scholarships. Awards are based on academic achievement, activities participation and leadership.
AccreditationSouth Dakota State University has been granted the full, ten-year reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission. An accreditation team of representatives from peer institutions commended SDSU for:
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Quality new facilities
- Excellent student leadership
- Shared governance
- Partnerships with local community
- Robust and Integrated assessment program
- Successful transition to NCAA Division I Athletics