Photos of university / #htwberlin
Educational organisationThe programme's curriculum can be accessed at: http://bib.htw-berlin.de/applying/.
As part of the programme, students will have to complete a specialist internship of 19 weeks.
Study abroad unit(s)The programme includes a 19-week supervised internship abroad during the sixth semester. In addition, students have the opportunity to spend another semester (fourth or fifth semester) studying at one of our partner universities abroad.
InternshipsAn internship must be completed during the sixth semester.
Forms of assessmentForms of assessment may include written tests, oral tests, written essays, oral presentations and/or practical work. The examination board may approve other types of examination.
Tests are usually in the language of instruction.
Course objectivesThe ability to work in internationally-oriented business institutions
Language requirementsProof of a sufficient command of English, at least level C1 or C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) should be provided with the application. Accepted levels:
- TOEFL 580 (paper-based), 237 (computer-based), 96 (internet-based)
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English), all levels
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English), all levels
- BEC Higher (Business English Certificate), all levels
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System), level 6-9
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication), 800 points
- proof of study in English abroad, minimum one year, awarded at least 60 ECTS credits
- demonstration of C1 level through one of the following educational experiences:
- degree-level study at a non-German university instructed exclusively in English for at least a year, with a minimum of 60 ECTS points
- attendance of a fully English-speaking secondary school (minimum of two years study before successful completion of the school-leaving examinations) equivalent to a German Realschule or Gymnasium.
- US high school diploma certificate
We do not accept:
- "Leistungskurs Englisch"
- certificates on which the course level is not stipulated
- professional references
- proof of employment as an "au pair"
- "Work & Travel" certificates
- attendance of a US high school without diploma certificate
- proof of registration for a language examination in the future
- proof of attendance at an English-language course not culminating in a qualification
- grade transcript from a university year abroad with less than 60 ECTS points and without explicit stipulation that the courses were taught exclusively in English