Photos of university
Scientific and professional objectives of the "Lab Science Trading" (LST) Master program
Consecutively to a 4 year training in biological sciences at the University the students beneficiate of a 1 year training in trading. They learn how to promote the scientific solutions which are proposed by French or foreign companies to their clients and users in the domains of health, environment, chemistry and in an international context.
The students are trained:
1) to understand the scientific activities of the clients (which are mainly laboratories),
2) to explain and propose the scientific and technical information to the various partners of the sale and purchasing chain (scientists; users; persons in charge of purchases; quality controllers, …).
They thus need to be trained in commercial communication in order to be able to listen, ask questions and provide adequate solutions; promote their company on the internet; adapt the markets acquisition strategies to various cultures and countries.
The first year of the “Lab Science Trading” Master program (“Molecular and Cellular Biology” program) is meant to:
1) complete the general scientific background of the enrolled students in various fields of Biology (Cell Biology, Genetics and Biochemistry) (first semester of the Master 1 program);
2) introduce the students to their specific Master 2 program by offering them specialized courses (second semester of the Master 1 program);
3) introduce the students to a research project, from its conception to its experimental undertaking and up to the report of the obtained results by an oral presentation as well as a written report (module of 18 ECTS during the first semester of the Master 1 program; internship of 2 months in a research laboratory or in a R&D laboratory from a private company);
4) allow the students to develop their written and oral skills for the search of internships and/or jobs as well as for the presentation of research projects and experimental results (mandatory modules of 3 ECTS - “Communication tools” - and 18 ECTS during the first semester of the Master 1 program, 2 month internship during the second semester).