Photos of university / #harvard
While the program encourages the use of field research to sense and define a problem, it does not have an ideological view on any single methodology as being superior to others in terms of the full scope of the research. Be it analytical, experimental, or qualitative, it is the appropriateness of the method in addressing the specific problem that matters. As a result, marketing faculty draw on a variety of underlying disciplines in research and consequently engage doctoral students in a broad spectrum of disciplinary bases.
- Consumer behavior
- Social network marketing
- Brand and customer management
- Customer-driven innovation strategy
- International marketing
- High-technology and new media marketing
- Social marketing
- Business to business marketing
Examples of recent and current doctoral thesis research include:
- The effects of brand extensions on the value of parent brands
- Multi-method examination of the consumption of knockoffs of high status brands, and the counter-intuitive positive outcomes for consumer-brand relationships
- Competitive analysis of pricing and quality decisions in industries with strictly complimentary products
- The psychological effects of pricing, and how these affect consumers and firms
- "Choice amnesia," the motivated forgetting of difficult decisions
RequirementsREQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Completed online application form
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcripts for all college/university degrees and courses:
- Current GMAT or GRE scores (see details below)
- TOEFL scores (non-native English speakers see details below)
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from an academic source). Recommendation letters must be submitted online through the online application system. Hard copy recommendation letters will not be accepted.
- $105 application fee via credit card
English Language RequirementsTOEFL iBT® test: 80
All incoming students, regardless of need and background, are awarded a fellowship which includes tuition, single-person health fees, and a living stipend ($39,600 for 2014-2015).
Although there is no formal commitment, it is expected that a similar level of financial aid will be awarded for up to five years. All financial aid awards are contingent upon a student's satisfactory academic progress.