The combination of advertising and marketing brings together two specialist subjects, providing you with a sound underpinning of marketing communications techniques and an insight into consumer behaviour and attitudes. You will have the opportunity to explore brand & corporate communications, creative advertising, global marketing, as well creating your own advertising and marketing campaigns.
Our course is designed to also equip you with the expertise you need to understand the world of advertising and marketing and to take advantage of the wealth of exciting opportunities for graduate careers.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- Current accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the opportunity to complete the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing;
- A specialist honours degree in advertising and marketing;
- Excellent teaching by staff who are active in research and bring this experience into their teaching;
- The opportunity to spend a year on a paid business placement in the UK or overseas. Previous examples have included such companies as IBM, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Procter and Gamble, LOreal, Warner Brothers, 3M, BMW, Disney, Rolls Royce and Peugeot;
- The opportunity to participate in international visits such as Study China and the Marco Polo Programme;
- Coventry Business School is currently a member of European Foundation of Management Development (EFMD) and the Association of UK Business Schools (ABS).
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 8088 Year (EEA)
- GBP 10452 Year (International)
Course ContentAs well as covering mainstream marketing issues such as marketing research and management together with creative advertising and consumer behaviour, the course covers the following core themes:
- Advertising: you will explore creative, strategic and applied concepts, analyse current advertisements and create your own campaigns.
- Marketing: you will study concepts such as marketing research and strategy, as well as specialist options like digital marketing and corporate communications.
- Communications: you will study concepts such as consumer behaviour, stakeholder communications and communications analysis techniques, in order to support your advertising practice.
- Research: this forms an important part of your degree, giving you the skills in secondary and primary research to complete an independent study of a specialist advertising or marketing topic and present your findings in the form of a dissertation.
RequirementsEssential Entry Requirements:
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English Language and Mathematics, or specified equivalents.
- A-Levels: BBC
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DMM
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 29 points
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Coventry University.
Merit Scholarship Scheme
Merit Scholarship scheme: £1,000, in year one only and based on academic performance.
- Available to all international students applying for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Coventry University.
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit. (Postgraduate applicants must hold 2.1 or equivalent, undergraduate applicants must hold A-levels or equivalent at grades BBC)
- There is no separate scholarship application process: all undergraduate applications from self-funded international students from any non-EU country and postgraduate applications from international, will automatically be considered for a merit award. You will not have to do anything, if you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office.
University Research Studentship Scheme
Occasionally, funding becomes available to enable the University, either centrally, through one of the faculties or from other sources, to offer research studentships in specified topics or fields of study.
Science Without Borders
Brazilian students are able to apply for full scholarship - including tuition fees and accommodation - to study undergraduate sandwich programmes at Coventry University.
Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK, as part of the UK's contribution to the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
Scholarships for PhD and split-site (PhD) study
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
- Scholarships for Masters, PhD, or split-site (PhD) study at UK universities
- Shared Scholarships for Masters study at selected UK universities
If you are a citizen of the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, you can apply for:
- Scholarships for undergraduate study at UK universities
Ferguson Trust Scholarships
Ferguson Trust Scholarships are made available through the generosity of The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust. The Trust was set up in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development. The Trust supports people from low-income and conflict-affected regions who want to improve their knowledge of peace and reconciliation. Scholarship amounts vary and are dependent on individual circumstances and assessment.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing.Accreditation and memberships shall be renewed in accordance with the relevant body's standard review process and subject to the University maintaining the same high standards of course delivery.