Photos of university / #regentsunilondon
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Fashion Marketing and Design degree program enables students to develop as creative, design-focused, fashion innovators, who are passionate about fashion design and who have a good understanding of fashion marketing. Students learned how to express their personal vision of fashion through the development of innovative design and marketing ideas, which express their grasp of the conceptual and the aesthetic. They have a strong foundation in traditional methods and are able to apply modern digital technologies to fashion methods and processes.
The goal of the BFA program in Fashion Marketing and Design with a specialization in Fashion Design is to help develop creative and innovative designers who are equipped with the techniques of fine craftsmanship and attuned to the needs of the consumer.
The curriculum is designed to teach students how to develop creative ideas through fashion research, to prototype and construct garments and to design collections in both womenswear and menswear.
The curriculum helps students to develop a strong sense of the aesthetic, and to use fashion design elements such as balance and proportion to create strong designs relevant to fashion. The program also offers the opportunity to acquire marketing skills related to fashion trends, event management, and customer profiling.
Upon completion of the program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate how to apply the skills and tools of fashion to design and marketing projects creatively and confidently.
- Create original fashion designs either by hand or with computer-aided design software, which demonstrate creativity with design elements.
- Confidently and professionally communicate ideas verbally, visually and through text and be able to promote your work professionally in the contemporary fashion marketplace.
- Work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, setting goals and employing good project-management skills, in relation to fashion design and marketing.
- Confidently engage in sustained problem-solving, decision making and creative thinking necessary to the fashion process, generating and presenting ideas, concepts, solutions and arguments.
- Analyze fashion trends, consumer needs, and preferences that are used to forecast, plan, develop, and promote clothing lines.
- Critically evaluate and articulate your understanding of your own and others work, and be able to devise and sustain a reasoned argument in relation to contemporary fashion.
- and many more industry-related skills.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- EUR 14220 Year (EEA)
- EUR 14520 Year (Non-EEA)
13.5 credit (3 classes, 1 quarter) £4170 Home students and £4260 Non-home studentsStart date January,March,July,October 2015 Duration full-time 36 months Languages Take an IELTS test
In addition to the general education requirements, this BFA degree program in Fashion Marketing and Design includes the following courses, taught by instructors who have relevant career experience in the fashion industry. The experiences and firsthand perspectives they share in class can help prepare you for real-life challenges after you graduate.
- Design Process
- Drawing and Design Principles
- Marketing for Fashion
- Fashion Cycle
- Historical and Contextual Studies
- Sewing Techniques
- Creative Drape
- Womenswear I
- 3 D Form III
- Textiles I or Textiles II
- Computer Applications for Fashion
- Fashion Portfolio II
- Final Fashion Portfolio
SPECIALIZATION COURSE OPTIONS
- 3D Form I
- 3D Form II
- Targeting Customers
- Fashion Portfolio I
- Collection Project
- Fashion Trends
- Womenswear II
- Fashion Styling
- Fashion Accessories
- CAD for Fashion II
- Fashion Event Management
- Fashion Menswear
- Fashion Business or Fashion Thesis
- Fashion Collection I
- Fashion Collection II
- Fashion Collection III
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 CAE score : 60(Grade C) TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
To be considered for admission, first-time students and transfer applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit a complete application for admission.
- For prospective students who reside in North or South America or the Caribbean Region and who are applying through the AIU Admissions Office located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, an application fee of US $50 is required. For other international applicants who reside outside these regions and who apply through the Admissions Office in London, an application fee of GB£35 is required.
- Submit attestation of high school graduation or its equivalent.
- Participate in an admission interview arranged by an AIU Admission Advisor.
- Non-native English-speaking prospective students are required to provide proof of English proficiency (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS or other approved English-proficiency assessment) prior to admission or upon arrival in London. Applicants should consult an AIU London Admissions Advisor for full details and English-proficiency requirements before applying to AIU London.
English Proficiency and English as a Second Language
Prospective students whose first language is not English are required to provide proof of English proficiency prior to admission. Accepted methods for the demonstration of English proficiency at AIU include but are not limited to:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score (on the paper test) of 500 or higher
- TOEFL score (on the computerbased test) of 173 or higher
- TOEFL score (on the internetbased test) of 61 or higher
- Advanced Placement International English Language (APIEL) score of 3 or higher
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.5 or higher
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) score of 73 or higher
- University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate Certificate of Advanced English (UCLES CAE) grade of A, B or C
- University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate Certificate of Proficiency in English (UCLES CPE) grade of A, B or C
- British GCSE/Ordinary (O) orAdvanced (A and AS) Level examinations in the Subject of English grade of A, B or C
- Successful completion of acollege-level English course (agrade of C or better) taken at anaccredited, English speaking postsecondary institution
- Graduation from an Englishspeaking secondary institution
- ESL instruction based onUniversity evaluation
- Level 109 or higher on the ESLLanguage Centers
- Level 107 or higher EF Language
- Centerso Alternative measures of Englishproficiency may be determined with Academic approval.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than American InterContinental University.
AIU offers several scholarship and grants options. For more information see the link section "financial aid" and their catalogue.