This is a fully accredited career-oriented programme that will enable you to gain a broad foundation in all key areas of biological science and nutrition while developing a wide range of scientific skills to prepare you for employment or further study in nutrition science. The programme has a strong emphasis on hands-on practical work, and one quarter of the assessment in the first two years is practical based. In addition, there is a double project in the final year.
On completion of the programme the successful graduate will enjoy a wide variety of opportunities in public health, nutrition, health education and promotion. Job opportunities are also available in private nutrition research institutes, teaching, food and health journalism, consumer groups, food retailers or the food industry.
- Fundamentals of Biochemistry
- Fundamental Biology and Physiology
- Basic Chemistry for Life Sciences
- Basic Principles of Nutrition
- Practical and Professional Skills
- Physiological Systems and Regulation
- Metabolism and Disease
- Cell and Microbial Biology
- Human Nutrition
- Nutritional Epidemiology & Health Promotion
- Research and Professional Skills
- Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Planning for Personal & Professional Development
- Advanced Human Nutrition
- Public Health Nutrition
- Clinical Nutrition
- Specialised Topics in Nutrition
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you to
take an IELTS test. More About IELTS
The admissions process involves a comprehensive review of your academic background, test scores, application essay, recommendations, and activities both in school and in your community.
All candidates for undergraduate admission must submit the following:
- Application for Admission to Undergraduate Study
- Personal statement/essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official high school transcripts
- Official transcripts of all college work, including non-credit course work, if any, and for transfer students.
- International students should consult the International Students section.
English Language Requirement
Students are required to have a good standard of English before starting any program. For students whose native language is not English, NYC requires a minimum of TOEFL score of 197 (computer based test), IELTS 6.0, or a recognized equivalent.
All non-native English speakers who do not possess any of the above-mentioned certificates, will be required to take an English language placement test, which is offered at NYC free of charge.
Students that have attained Cambridge Proficiency or TOEFL score of 197 or higher are exempt from the placement test and may enroll full-time.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than New York College.