Photos of university / #we_are_ceu
MS in Business Analytics / 1 year, full time / part time
Learn to analyze and act upon insights from data. Understand how data analytics can drive business value. Cover a unique mix of data analytics, computer science and business topics, including programming, statistics with machine learning, big data and cloud computing and data engineering. Complete your training with use case seminars, specialist courses on text mining, deep learning or agile project management and a capstone consulting project.
What you will study
- Coding - focusing on the R language with the option to Python
- Data analysis / statistics - finding patterns in data, interpreting results
- Data science tools - from unstructured text and messy data to visualization and machine learning
- Data engineering - from an overview of data science software and tools, to cloud architecture and production
- User cases - offering a variety of use case examples by industry pros
- Business - from agile project management to strategy and data protection/GDPR
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- GMAT or GRE General Test or CEU Math Test
- Admission interview
For additional information on the admission requirements, visit economics.ceu.edu/admissions.
Fund your studies
Applying for full-time? Apply by May 1 for named scholarship and internship programs, offered in cooperation with industry partners:
- Future of Big Data Scholarship & Training Program
- Morgan Stanley Internship Program
- Women in Technology Scholarship Program
Applying for part-time? Apply with your colleagues.
- Corporate Tuition Scheme for Part-time Students
Are you a returning CEU student? You are entitled to reduced tuition.
- CEU Student and Alumni Discounts
Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.economics.ceu.edu/financialaid/businessmasters.
Study in Budapest and Vienna
Apply now and benefit from a diverse, multi-campus experience in the heart of Europe. Taking advantage of CEU’s international learning environment, you will have the opportunity to study in Budapest with elective courses in Vienna.
Study and Work at the Same Time
The MS in Business Analytics is designed expressly so you can study and work at the same time. Core courses and main elective courses run two days a week from 1:30 p.m. Some courses run with weekend-only classes.
Join full-time as a graduate or career changer. As a full-time student, you may land an internship at any time. Should you land a full-time job, you may request a change of status and become a part-time student.
Join part-time as a working professional. As a part-time student, you may request a second year to continue taking elective courses or to complete your capstone project.
Boost Your Career
Budapest and Vienna are among Europe’s most buzzing financial services and technology hubs. Employers competing for international talent include:
- Budapest – Bank of China, BCG, Blackrock, BP, BT, Citi, EPAM, GE, IBM, KPMG, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, MSCI, NN, Nokia and TCS
- Vienna – DB Schenker, Deloitte, EATON, Franklin Templeton, Google, JP Morgan, LVMH, Raiffeisen Bank, Swarovski and Unicredit.
Find out more about the program at www.economics.ceu.edu/program/master-science-business-analytics.