The department of engineering has well-equipped laboratories supporting some of its research activities. Additional research is conducted in the field using industrial facilities.
The ergonomics laboratory contains measurement apparatus for assessing stress levels imposed on human workers by various job designs and work environments.
The manufacturing processes laboratory consists of a wide range of manufacturing process equipment that can support research involving basic manufacturing processes. The laboratory includes numerous lathes and milling machines, a foundry with gas-fired and electric induction furnaces, molten salt heat treat facility, gas-flame metal cutting and joining processes, various welding processes, and material properties measurement equipment.
The Computer Integrated Manufacturing laboratory is a modern, well-equipped computer controlled manufacturing system. Equipment included in the lab are Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machining centers, robots, programmable logic controllers, a programmable conveyor, and computer workstations for Computer Aided Manufacturing.
* Quality Engineering
* Advanced Production and Inventory Control
* Methods of Operations Research
* Normative Theory of Decisions and Games C
* Stochastic Calculus Financial Engineering
* Industrial Logistics Engineering
* Applied Fuzzy Set Theory
* Reliability Theory
* Linear Programming
* Network Flows and Graph Theory
* Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization
* Simulation of Industrial Management Systems
* Applied Stochastic Processes and Theoretical Simulation
* Industrial Queuing Processes
* Scheduling Theory
* Nonlinear Programming
* Multiple Criteria Decision Making
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
Most graduate students are able to finance their education with a variety of financial assistance tools specific to graduate school:
* Graduate Assistantships: Funded by individual departments and graduate programs, teaching, research and graduate assistantships are awarded based on a student's ability and promise.
* Graduate Fellowships
* Loans: Loans are available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have successfully applied for financial assistance
* Traineeships: Traineeships are offered through the university or departments that have federally supported traineeships.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.