Photos of university / #we_are_ceu
MA in Comparative History: Late Antique, Medieval and Renaissance Studies / 2 years
Run jointly with CEU’s Department of History, the Medieval track of this program zooms in on the political, social, intellectual, religious and economic history as well as the material and spiritual culture of the period between 300 and 1600 CE. This training is best suited to students with a threeyear\ bachelor’s degree in history or any other field in the humanities.
What you will study
- Political and legal history of the Middle Ages
- Eastern Mediterranean history from Constantine the Great to Suleiman the Magnificent
- History of religion, philosophy and science Archeology, environmental and landscape history
- Cultural anthropology and material culture
- Art history, visual culture and manuscript studies
- Urban history
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Minimum three-year bachelor’s degree in history, medieval studies or a related field
- Research proposal
Fund your studies
In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous scholarships available to students from any country. In 2018-2019, 82% of CEU students received financial aid, ranging from tuition awards to scholarships with stipends and housing. Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Study in Vienna
Apply now and be among the first to study at our new campus in Vienna! Did you know that the Austrian capital has been ranked as the world's “most livable city” for ten years in a row? Find out more about CEU in Vienna at www.ceu.edu/vienna.