Photos of university / #we_are_ceu
MA in Cultural Heritage Studies: Academic Research, Policy, Management / 2 YEARS
Our program combines theoretical approaches to cultural heritage with practical knowledge through fieldwork and internships at heritage organizations. The result is hands-on, thorough academic training that prepares future heritage experts and practitioners with a critical understanding of the historical, social, policy and management aspects of tangible, intangible and environmental heritage.
Our faculty’s expertise crosses borders and disciplines. They include anthropologists specializing in African and American cultures, international heritage law experts as well as historians and archeologists with experience in European and Asian projects. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds, such as historical studies, creative and performing arts, architecture and urban development, sociology and management. They can choose from two streams of study: Academic Research and Protection of Cultural Heritage or Cultural Heritage Management and Policy. In addition to coursework at the Vienna campus, students may also take advantage of academic activities and resources available on CEU’s Budapest campus.
Graduates typically find jobs at research bodies, governments, international organizations, heritage institutions and NGOs.
Elevate your research
- Intangible cultural heritage and memory
- Legal protection of cultural heritage
- Institutional history
- UNESCO World Heritage
- Sustainable heritage management
- Ethical issues, intellectual property
- GIS applications
- Digital documentation and publication
- Crowdsourcing and social media
- Cultural and heritage policy development
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Minimum three-year bachelor’s degree in any field of the humanities, management studies, architecture or in a natural or cultural heritage-related subject
- Project proposal
Fund your studies
In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous financial aid, including tuition awards and scholarships with stipends, available to students from any country. In 2019-2020, 82% of CEU students received financial aid. Learn more about how to fund your studies at http://www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Study in Vienna
Apply now and study in Vienna, ranked as the world’s “most livable city” for ten years in a row. Located in the heart of Europe, the Austrian capital has much to offer, from a wide range of academic opportunities to a vibrant student life. Come join us in Vienna in 2021-2022!
- February 1, 2021 for master's studies with financial aid
- March 15, 2021 for self-financing master's candidates who will require a study visa
- August 16, 2021 for self-financing master's candidates who will not require a study visa