Photos of university / #we_are_ceu
LLM/MA in Human Rights / 1 year
Combining theoretical and practical perspectives, these programs prepare you to make an impact in national, regional and international human rights protection. An internship program with local NGOs, a course at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg and the Vienna Human Rights Model United Nations Conference offer unique experience-based learning opportunities.
What you will study
- International and regional protection of human rights
- Equality and non-discrimination
- Advocacy and litigation strategies
- Civil and political rights in established and emerging democracies
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree
- LLM program: law degree required
- MA program: any bachelor’s degree
- Academic essay (for the capstone track) or research proposal (for the thesis track)
Fund your studies
In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous scholarships available to students from any country. In 2018-2019, 82% of CEU students received financial aid, ranging from tuition awards to scholarships with stipends and housing. Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Study in Vienna
Apply now and be among the first to study at our new campus in Vienna! Did you know that the Austrian capital has been ranked as the world's “most livable city” for ten years in a row? Find out more about CEU in Vienna at www.ceu.edu/vienna.