Photos of university / #yasaruniv
- Program Description: This program aims to prepare the students for an academic career in mathematics. For this purpose we offer courses in the field of Algebra, Fundamentals of Mathematics and Logic, Topology and Function Theory and Analysis.
- Program Description: This Program aims to equip the students with the mathematical knowledge for the applications in science and engineering, to provide computer programming skills for mathematical modelling and computing.
The Department of Mathematics aims to equip students develop their knowledge of scientific theories and methods, their experience in working independently with scientific questions and their ability to express yourself clearly on academic issues. The masters programme thus qualifies the students to participate in scientific work and independently handle business functions with your background in these learned skills.
Key Learning Outcomes
Upon the successful completion of this programme, the student will able
- To read, understand and use mathematical definitions and to obtain a result from these definitions.
- To grasp the concepts related with their field and relations with these concepts.
- To show that they understand the disposition of mathematical proof and to prove clearly and exactly.
- To use abstract thinking.
- To demonstrate expression ability in a verbal and written meanning with mathematical language effectively.
- To transfer solution offers related with their fields and to transfer their thoughts in their area.
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MATHEMATICS
MASTERS WITH THESIS(ENGLISH) Undergraduate Program
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS I
- BASIC ABSTRACT ALGEBRA
- ELECTIVE COURSE
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS II
- ABELIAN GROUPS
- ELECTIVE COURSE
- TOPOLOGY I
- ADVANCED NUMERICAL ANALYSIS
- ADVANCED GRAPH THEORY
- USIGN LATEX IN SCIENTIFIC WRITING
- MODULE AND RING THEORY I
- PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
- NONSMOOTH ANALYSIS AND OPTIMIZATION
- INTRODUCTION TO CATEGORY THEORY
- MODULE AND RING THEORY II
- DYNAMIC EQUATIONS ON TIME SCALE II
- HOMOLOGICAL ALGEBRA II
- TOPOLOGY II
- VULNERABILITY PARAMETERS IN GRAPHS
- SET THEORY
- HOMOLOGICAL ALGEBRA I
- DIFFERENCE EQUATIONS
A Masters Degree (M.S.) in Mathematics is awarded to students who pass the required courses and electives that make up the curriculum and who complete and successfully defend an M.S. Thesis. Completion of the program requires the accumulation of at least 120 ECTS credits, 60 of which are earned through classes and 60 of which are awarded for research for the thesis, with a GPA of at least 2.70.
Academic Achievement Scholarship:
Undergraduate students enrolled at Yasar University are eligible for scholarships based on their academic performance. Any student, who has completed the first academic year and achieved a grade point average of above 2.30 out of 4.00, will be eligible to apply for an academic scholarship. Within the quota determined, scholarships for the following academic year, will be awarded on a 100%, 50% and 25% basis. The scholarship will continue as long as the students grades are maintained.
Yasar University offers Sports Scholarships to successful athletes playing in National teams. This year, scholarships of 100%, 50% and 25% will be offered to athletes in below fields: Tennis, Table Tennis, Archery, Athletics, Chess, Fencing, Gymnastics, Swimming and Triathlon Applications for Sports Scholarship are taken during May.
Turkish Government Scholarships:
Some international students may also be eligible for scholarships sponsored by the Turkish government.