Photos of university / #we_are_ceu
PhD in Political Science - International Relations Track
This is one of the largest, most international and most competitive doctoral programs in Europe, providing aspiring scholars with the theoretical and methodological skills needed to challenge and shape what we know about political science. Run by CEU’s Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy and International Relations, our doctoral program prepares students for careers in research and universitylevel teaching. Students explore areas such as comparative politics, political and international relations theory, international security and international political economy.
What you will study
The track provides students with a variety of methodological tools and a deep grounding in disciplinary concepts and theories in order to enable them to both explain and understand the material and textual, social and technical factors that account for continuity and change in world politics.
- International relations theory: general and specific theories of world politics
- International security: strategic studies, critical security studies
- International political economy: globalization, international trade & finance, TNCs, development
- Advanced topics: international organization, European integration: contending theories and contentious practices
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Master’s degree
- Statement of purpose
- Research proposal
- Outline of master’s thesis
- Additional requirements: dsps.ceu.edu
Fund your studies
In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous scholarships available to students from any country. Doctoral scholarships include a full tuition waiver and a monthly stipend for living expenses. Learn more at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Study in Vienna
Apply now and be among the first to study at our new campus in Vienna! Did you know that the Austrian capital has been ranked as the world's “most livable city” for ten years in a row? Find out more about CEU in Vienna at www.ceu.edu/vienna.